November 30, 2010

Cable Gate - Why Julian had to tell

I had nothing to do with it. Really. And saying this my heart beats faster, thinking oh my G-d, what if they think it is me... but it's not. Just because I'm Israeli and American, that has nothing to do with it. In fact, news from the WikiLeak website has been dripping out steadily for quite some time now - so it hasn't come as a shock to me that the Cable Gate affair happened.
We humans are weak, and people with secrets are weaker still for two main reasons - one is that secrets are heavy and hard to hold onto. Just knowing something you can't tell makes it so much more tempting - just like the bar of caramel crispy chocolate that you just can't resist - it's there on the counter in front of your eyes. Secondly, there is the "90 seconds of fame" effect which many of us long for... (why otherwise would I write a blog?)
Or there could be some idealism involved... definitely a possibility there... But the psychological explanation of just needing to get it off their chest works for me -
So, that's my theory on why he had to tell. Why else?
And what secrets have you got? As for me - I have a few - it's true. And perhaps you hope to hear some of them. And perhaps you will - later on, but for now, all you get is that I'm a Lecturer at HvA - International Dept. of the Business school... want to know more? Ok, I'll tell - I'm in Amsterdam!

No comments:

Post a Comment