November 30, 2010

Snowy night this morning

End of November is the time the snow begins this year. Yesterday in class we were distracted all day by the question - will it snow? And since I come from warmer climates, LA and then Israel, it's always an attraction - at least the first time. So, we watched the cold white sky, and saw the mist draw closer, until finally at 3:30 in the afternoon, just as I was explaining the difference between a thesis led essay (where you have a strong opinion), vs an evidence led essay (where you can easily argue for both sides), the first dry flat flakes started blowing past our class window. So, it's that time of year... and now it's Tuesday morning, I'm preparing work for class, sitting at home by my window - it's 8:20 a.m. and still seems like night but the weatherman said some sun may shine through. And I'm a believer, yes I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment