May 29, 2012

Analyzing Data for Free Credit Points

I needed just another 6.5 hours to complete my free credit point assignment. Then I received the mail that Ms Weinberg had an vacancy for 4.5 hours and I told myself that this is the opportunity to finish my FCP assignment.
So I mailed my former EC1 teacher Ms.Weinberg and met her on Thursday. She told me that she needed me to analyze some evaluation papers for three of her courses. One of them, EC4 was in my roster as well, and the other two were courses I had to take in the next semester. This was good for me because I was able to read what still lies ahead of me.
So Ms.Weinberg handed me the rough data to analyze, and I told her it will take me around two days before I would send her the results.
Luckily for me, the weather was great in this time of the year so I took the rough data and my laptop, and laid down in the garden and started analyzing.
It was a good thing that I already knew Ms.Weinberg so could recognize my own feelings in the reactions of the students.
Most of them were positive with whom I agreed. Some were a bit negative, but that was just a small amount of students out of the 80 evaluations I read.
It took me a few hours but I was able to hand in a clear report of what the students thought about the courses EC4, EC5 and CCT, and Ms. Weinberg herself of course.

So to conclude, I can say it was a pleasant experience for me to analyze some course information, and I’m glad that I was able to help Ms. Weinberg with it as well.

Sönke Lill

No comments:

Post a Comment