December 8, 2012

Leaving your loved one behind..

There is a place I used to know, there is a place I need to find. And I needed to be there in time. It was time to leave to for Malaysia on the 8th of February 2012.  Even though we have only been together for about a year, he asked my father for my hand on my "goodbye party" four days before I left. But the prospect of being apart for 5 months makes things harder then they supposed to be. A million things to worry about...

"You occupy my mind every day and night, I think of things to say to you, what we should do to keep this alive. Fears and frustrations galore. Feeding on high expectations and happy endings were we high above the ground? or was it just me? Like lullabies you are forever in my mind, I'm seeing you in all the pieces of my life. I wanted to go away with you and I will leave all my worries here. Will you still catch me when I fall, accept me flaws and all?"

There isn't much you can do when your tickets are booked, the school application is confirmed and everything is arranged. Leaving was bittersweet, because going on exchange to Malaysia was actually the main reason why I chose to study IM at the HES. Exchange was the thing I was looking forward to for 3 years, and now this thing called love, flipped my mind around. To the point even that I didn't want to leave anymore. Thankfully he supported me, and encouraged me to go. Looking back on it I realize that  the experiences I had can't be traded for anything. It made me stronger, it made us stronger. Knowing that he would come at the and of June and we would have 2 months time to spend together in Malaysia was something for us to look forward to. Nevertheless tears were shed.. uncountable tears.

And eventually things never seem to go as planned...






1 comment:

  1. Aahww! Touching story. But now that the exchange has ended, did you still have regrets that you went abroad? Was the exchange worth the wait for your loved one? Or couldn't you wait for it to end? =)

    ReplyDelete