September 14, 2015

The big clean up - Marie Kondo style



Stage 1: gathering - Please don't judge me. I feel ashamed enough. I have just spent about 3 hours going around the three floors of my house and collecting every piece of clothing I own, including coats and shoes. 


Stage 2: sorting and discarding

According to Kundo, next I have to sort thru all this - starting with my tops. 


I don't know why this is so difficult for me, but it is. My heart is pounding and I feel anxious and scared. What of? Change?

Experts in change management - including Harriet Lerner- say that even a good change is something hard to handle. 

I take a deep breath, a sip of tea, and start to find all my tops so I can then hold each one and ask the ultimate question: 

"Does this bring me joy?"

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I think if I did that exercise, I'd end up naked, because I don't think my clothes bring me joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked is a choice too! But seriously Danica, NONE of your clothes bring you joy? Time to hit an expensive boutique :)
    Or something...
    Kondo says we are usually left with only a third of our clothes and I think that's about right for me. But my two all time favorite clothes are from a fancy shop where I splurged last year for the first time ever. Sometimes it's just worth it.

    ReplyDelete