October 16, 2015

Lifeline series

First time this school year when I came to school, I of course immediately looked at the door at the entrance: yes, Boon Edam sticker in the corner. It's funny how you immediately start to pay attention at every entrance if there is a Boon Edam logo on it. Whether it's the supermarket, subway, or restaurant, they can be found everywhere. It also reminded me of a news article a while ago when an AH location had put hamsters in the showcase column of the revolving door. Being a vegetarian (actually mainly eating/living vegan) I was glad that was soon put a stop to.



This week I visited the Nijverheidsstraat again, the location where the lifeline (entry gates) series are assembled. I took my list of questions with me as well as a colleague from my department. I've mainly got some details on the main parts of the products and had a show around to their assembling process, meanwhile discussing possibilities for splitting the product into modules. Thereafter I continued research on the optimal way of shipping the products. Still a lot more to discover and dive into but hope my internship supervisor of the company will be a bit satisfied with the work so far. Tomorrow we'll meet to discuss the progress again.

Today I asked one of my colleagues how his audit went the other day. Not too well from what I've heard. He told me about a shipment to India that included 5 glass door panels and a glass rooftop. Upon arrival, 4 of 5 panels were damaged as well as the glass rooftop. India therefore asked for a second shipment as replacement with the rooftop in a separate package. When it arrived in India for the second time, again all of the glass was broken and the rooftop was missing. Turned out that part was still standing somewhere at Expedition in Edam.

Seems like a logical step to buy the glass locally in the future to decrease the risk on damage. However one occurring problem would then be with the quality assurance and perceiving. Shouldn't be too hard to solve that though, could also be a thing for me to look into.

Another thing I did today was registering myself for the end-of-yearsparty in December. It will be a masquerade party. Although I'm not that much of a party person, I guess it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment