December 15, 2015

When Customer Service Works @Netflix

We were deeply disappointed last night to see that the new season of Suits was not a new season at all, but the good (but still, not new) Season 4.

My fiancée and I watched about 2 minutes of the "new" season before we looked at each other in dismay. 'We've seen this,' he said to me.

You know the feeling: You've been waiting a long time and putting off the moment until you have time, and you're not too tired, and the other series you've been watching has finally finished and now life has begun again, and you can finally curl up with some hot chocolate (or in my case, Sleepy time tea) and watch the new season. But no.

I think you got the point. 

Fast forward to tonight. Solution oriented as I am (some say my brain is not 100% feminine), I recheck Netflix to see if there is any mistake. Alas not. So, logic dictates that I should contact customer service. Perhaps they made a mistake and didn't realize that the new season was season 5?

I clicked on the Live Chat. I love live chatting. You get the answers you need right away. There's no issues with language (it's usually in English) and no problems with misunderstanding. It's all there in black and white. I am patient when chatting, and not so much when on the phone. I can be rather "Dutchly" direct when on the phone to a customer service person. Or perhaps to a Dutch customer service person. In any case, this is Netflix Customer Service. The GREATEST company alive (after Amazon).

And here is my chat transcript. Although I didn't get the result I wanted, I am still jumping for joy at the service I got from Tyler. I kid you not:



Thank you for contacting Netflix customer support.
Here is the transcript from your recent chat with customer support:

Netflix Tyler
Thanks for chatting into Netflix. I'm Ty. How can I help?

You
hi there!

Netflix Tyler
Hello

You
i was wondering when and if season 5 of suits would be online soon?

Netflix Tyler
Oh great question my friend. Let me pull up my system and look into this for you.

You
we received notice that a new season was online, but apparently we have already seen this.

Netflix Tyler
You got it, so Season 5 is the one we're looking for. And availability inside the Netherlands correct?

You
yes
You
correct

Netflix Tyler
alrighty, my friend, I looked into the availability for Season 5 of Suits in the Netherlands. It looks like right now it isn't currently available for streaming. I know it is a series they have brought down to renew the licensing on it. I sent a formal request to my Content Team requesting the title so that will only help our cause.

Netflix Tyler
thank you for letting us know and thank you for the feedback. Check back periodically and stay tuned. That is a great series and it shouldn't be too long before we get it back up and streaming

You
Tyler, how kind of you!

You
where do you come from Tyler?

Netflix Tyler
We are here in the Rocky Mountains on the West Coast of America. Utah ski land, my friend

You
I am curious as i used to work for a company that created Live Chat - liveperson

Netflix Tyler
Oh wow, is that right? That's amazing.

You
Well, I wish you only powder snow and blue skies!

Netflix Tyler
Oh we got it my friend! haha alot of powder fell last night

Netflix Tyler
I wish you happy holidays and great weather too!

You
Happy to hear!

You
Thank you! We're hoping to keep it mild and balmy at least for a week, as I'm getting married on Monday. !!!

Netflix Tyler
Oh wow, that is exciting. congratulations that is awesome! Happy Married Merry Monday

You
For the honeymoon, Suits season 5 would be amazing :) Good bonding with my guy!

Netflix Tyler
No doubt! I'll see what I can do ;)

You
Super!!! :)

You
Thanks again and have a good shift!

Netflix Tyler
You have a great night and it's been a pleasure. Thank you

Netflix Tyler
And one more thing, if you wouldn't mind, please stay online for a one question survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment